By Emma Pearce-Mogridge
When I first learned about intentions, I was all for it but, I didn’t know where or how to start. Suddenly I was overwhelmed by intention setting which is supposed to be calming and bring joy. What was I doing wrong?!
If you are like me and are a bit lost as to where and how to start, here are a few quick tips that I found really useful when I was just starting to work with intentions.
- Begin with a heart of gratitude.
- Affirm only what you truly want.
- Avoid using negative words like ‘can’t’ and ‘don’t’. You CAN and ARE.
- Try and avoid using words like ‘try’ and ‘but’.
- Avoid negative self-talk.
- Make sure the intention feels real.
- Make sure your intentions are made with the highest of integrity, especially when they involve other people.
- Finish with a heart of gratitude and belief that your intentions will be.
Emma is Nurtured Life’s company Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer. As a trained child and adolescent counsellor and behaviour management specialist, and certified life and executive coach, Emma has always believed in the importance of mental health and self-care. Emma’s compassion for others has deeply motivated her connection with Nurtured Life.