By Emma Pearce-Mogridge
The ups, downs and demands of our urban world can sometimes take its toll on us. Headaches are very common, especially in certain work environments and during seasonal changes. We found 5 essential oils that can help reduce headaches and we put them to the test. We found 5 essential oils that individually once diluted with a carrier oil as a facial or water in the case of a dehumidifier, were a natural godsend.
- Peppermint oil: eases muscle tension to a more relaxed state.
- Rosemary oil: improves circulation, reduces stress and eases muscle tension.
- Lavender oil: the smell reduces stress and brings the body to a relaxed state.
- Chamomile oil: eases tension and relaxes the muscles (not advised if pregnant).
- Eucalyptus oil: best for opening and relieving sinus headaches.
We used these in our diffusers, in our baths and applied some directly to the skin. As a tip, if you are going to apply an essential oil directly to the skin, mix the oil with a carrier oil. We hope you find some relief and have the same good results that we did!
Remember to take the time to look after yourself, mind, body and soul.
Emma is Nurtured Life’s company Co-Founder and Chief Operating Officer. As a trained child and adolescent counsellor and behaviour management specialist, and certified life and executive coach, Emma has always believed in the importance of mental health and self-care. Emma’s compassion for others has deeply motivated her connection with Nurtured Life.